FRM Program Update - April 2012
On Saturday, May 19, over 13,000 candidates at 90 Exam sites
around the world are scheduled to sit for the FRM Exam, capping a
very successful Exam cycle. For the May 2012 Exam, FRM Part I
registrations are up 18% year-over-year, while FRM Part II
registrations have risen by 34%. While most countries and regions
showed a strong increase in registrations, growth was led by the
US, UK, and China.
In 2012, the FRM Program has been enhanced by several
new initiatives, including:
- To ensure that the FRM designation remains reflective
of industry best practices GARP, we:
- Continued the integration of the 2011 Global Job Task Analysis
into the FRM Exam development process.
- Initiated a formal question development process that involves
the participation of FRM subject matter experts from around the
- To improve the resources we provide to help candidates
prepare for the FRM Exam, we:
- Created a new FRM Exam Preparation Handbook that offers study
plans for completing the reading material outlined in the FRM Study
- Revised the FRM Part I Books to include actual FRM Exam
questions and answers to complement the readings.
- Published new Practice Exams to further strengthen the
- Published FRM Part I Book Collection (currently available) and
FRM Part II Book Collection (available in May 2012) with
- FRM Part I Books to include actual FRM Exam questions and
answers to complement the readings.
- As a way of showing our appreciation for the FRM
community and to further develop the FRM network:
- GARP's Risk Manager of the Year, Aaron Brown, Head of Risk
Management, AQR Capital, spoke to Certified FRMs at an "FRM/ERP
Only" luncheon at GARP's 13th Annual Risk Management
- We are planning several more networking and knowledge
opportunities exclusive to Certified FRMs in 2012.
- To foster advances in risk management thought and
understanding GARP, we:
- Welcomed several colleges and universities into our growing
Partnership for Risk Education community.
- Launched the Partnership for Risk Education Fellowship Program
specifically designed to support meaningful FRM-related research at
the Masters level.
- To advance the acceptance of the FRM in
industry, we added BlackRock and several other major
financial firms to the growing list of companies that provide
financial support and encouragement to employees taking the FRM